Perfect for those with limited time, this one-day birth intensive covers everything you need to know about labor and birth:
* Anatomy and Physiology of Pregnancy, Labor, Birth and Postpartum
* Prenatal exercises and nutrition
* Choosing or changing care providers
* Third trimester issues: normal discomforts, remedies, physical intimacy, preparation for birth
* Technology, medication and intervention: making informed choices
* Coping strategies - Comfort Measures, Relaxation Techniques
* Positions for Labor and Birth, Massage for Back Labor
* Use of the Birth Ball
* Role of the Support Person
* Overview of Newborn and Breastfeeding
Sundays: June 30th, July 28th, Sept 29th, Nov 17th
This class is $195 for six hours (including a lunch break).
Register at this link:
*Bring 2 pillows, a yoga mat and a birth ball (65cm exercise ball)
Please contact Mavis Gewant email@example.com with any questions.
Private classes available.
About The Instructor
Mavis Gewant is a pre and perinatal educator and doula certified through ALACE. She has been teaching and supporting families prenatally, during birth and postpartum for 20 years. She is the owner of Gentle Care Doula Service, providing labor support, postpartum care, lactation support and counseling in Ulster, Dutchess and Orange Counties.